Process to access AIS
Annual information statement can be accessed on the income tax e-fi ling website using the URL: https://www.incometax.gov. in/. One needs to log into the e-fi ling portal and then click on “Annual Information Statement (AIS)” under “Services” tab. Once the AIS homepage opens up, click on “View Taxpayer Information Summary (TIS)” and “Annual Information Statement (AIS)”.
Information in AIS
The information available in the AIS includes the following:
- Salary received by the individual
- Dividend credited
- Interest received on deposits on savings and fixed deposits
- Professional technical fees /income received
- Income from sale of securities (shares, bonds, mutual funds).
If the individual finds that some of the information stated in the AIS is not correct, he/she may file a feedback for amendment of the information.
Point to note
- If the user is not already registered on the e-fi ling portal, one needs to fi rst register before being able to access the AIS.
- If there is variation between the details of tax paid as displayed in Form26AS and the information displayed in AIS, the taxpayer should rely on Form 26AS for the purpose of fi ling of tax return and other tax compliances.
Content on this page is courtesy Centre for Investment Education and Learning (CIEL). Contributions by Girija Gadre, Arti Bhargava and Labdhi Mehta.